PhD (Univ of Berne, Switzerland)
Body Senosr Networks (BSN), Remote Healthcare, Biometric Security (ECG based), Content Networking, End-systems Multicasting, QoS, Network Security.
Information for prospective students
Anything related to my research interests. I have outlined some possible projects to give some ideas. While some topics are suitable for long term Phd/MS projects, others can be picked up by students interested in short projects. Students are encouraged to come forward with their own ideas. For details contact me by e-mail or see me personally.
- COSC1174/COSC1175 Advanced Client Server Architecture (current)
- COSC1179/COSC1176 Network Programming
Current PhD students
- Ayman Ibaida (Diagnosis in Body Sensor Networks)
- Naimah Yakob (Congestion Control in Body Sensor Networks)
- Khairul Azami Sidek (Biometrics in Body Sensor Networks)
- Dhiah Eadan Jabor Al-Shammary (SOAP Message Compression, Aggregation and Clustering)
- Mahathir (Mardi) Almashor (Scalable Massive Multiplayer P2P Games)
- IEEE LCN 2001 Best Paper Award
News in Business Wire Nov 12, 2001 Photos 1 2
- Fritz-Kutter award for the best Computer Science PhD thesis in Switzerland for 2002/2003
News in Der Bund (Swiss newspaper)
- Jan 2009-Current:   Senior Lecturer, School of Computer Science & IT, RMIT University, Melbourne.
- March 2004-Dec 2008:   Lecturer, School of Computer Science & IT, RMIT University, Melbourne.
- Sept 2003-March 2004:   Member of Research Staff, Advanced Network Architecture Laboratory, Osaka University, Japan.
- April 2001-June 2003 :   Senior Software Engineer, PONTE Communications, MV, California, USA ( This has been acquired by Voyence ).
- August 1998 - March 2001 :   Junior Researcher, Computer Networks and Distributed Systems (RVS), IAM, University of Berne, Switzerland.
- August 2000 - Nov 2000 :   Guest Researcher, TBD Networks , California, USA.
- May 1998 - June 1998 :   Research Assistant, Signal Processing Institute , EPFL , Switzerland.
- Nov 1997- March 1998 :   Research Assistant, Integrated Circuit Center (C3i) , EPFL , Switzerland.